There are a few ways to find an IP address on your iPhone or an iPad device. The steps provided below would work on any iOS device.
Internal IP Address on iPhone or iPad
There is no need to download any apps in order to find your internal IP address for an iOS device.
- From the home screen, tap on settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi from the settings screen.
- Locate the Wi-Fi network that you are connected to and tap on “information icon” on the right side. This is the i with the circle around it.
- If you scroll down, you will see your current internal IP address that the Wi-Fi network is connected to.
External or Public IP Address on iPhone or iPad
There are a few ways to determine your external facing or public IP address on your iOS device. There are apps out there that can provide this information, but it is not necessary to download and install any apps from the app store.
- From the home screen, load up your browser or choice – Safari, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc.
- Navigate to URL https://whatismypublicip.com